One of the things I’ve been thinking about and practicing lately is to look for things to be grateful for. It is so easy to get caught up in problems and issues. I’ve found it harder to find gratitude in my daily life.
Keeping a gratitude journal is one way to be thankful for each day. However, this is a journal that I struggle to keep. A suggestion for this journal is to write three things each evening before bed. I tend to forget.
This is my alternative. A Friday Five post dedicated to some things I am grateful right now:
- Warm October days with blue skies and the trees finally in full color and all the things that come with these days, i.e. pumpkin patch visits, caramel apples and falling leaves.
- Pippa – My 5:00 am alarm clock on Saturdays when I could sleep in.
- Hot coffee with just the right amount of sweetness.
- The ladies I work with – Regardless of what is happening around us, I know I can count on them for anything.
- Grandbabies – Need I say more?
I’m sure this list is much longer. There are so many things in my life that I am grateful for maybe I should work on that gratitude journal again.
How do you remember to be grateful for all the things in your life?
30 Days of Journal Prompts
Get 30 Sentence Stems to Begin Journaling