The only problem is leftovers. If I go crazy with the baking of cookies, we either throw some away, or we eat them. I’m not sure my clothes can handle that this year. I tend to try to curb my baking activities to a few favorites requested by my family.
Today’s Friday Five is all about cookies. These are the some of my favorites and the ones I traditionally make.
1. Sugar cookies – this is one of my absolute favorites. The recipe I use is an old family recipe, originally using lard. I haven’t done that in many years, and they are still fabulous.
2. Peanut Butter Blossoms – this is most requested by my family. They aren’t hard. Sometimes I think the most time-consuming part is unwrapping all of the chocolate kisses.
3. Buckeye’s – the Christmas season isn’t complete without these peanut butter and chocolate gems. Every box of cookies from my Grandma has a few in it, and everyone fights over them. To keep the peace, I must make them.
4. Magic Bars – these cookies are amazing, and I need to make them at the last minute or there won’t be any left for anyone else. The recipe I use is from the Eagle brand website although I add butterscotch chips to it.
5. Peanut Butter No-Bakes – these aren’t technically baked, and I don’t make them, but they make my list, at least for this year. Hubby’s makes this recipe, and they don’t stick around long.
As I look back on this list, I see a pattern. We like peanut butter and chocolate in our house. That is okay. No one complains.
I will be making all of these (except for hubby’s recipe) by next weekend. I’ve already got boxes lined up to send them home with the kids when they go.
No leftovers for my house and my jeans will thank me.
30 Days of Journal Prompts
Get 30 Sentence Stems to Begin Journaling