Friday Five: Five Reasons to Be Grateful
I often forget to be grateful. It’s not that I don’t feel it. I simply forget to say it. Nor do I always think about life in terms of being grateful. I believe that seeking out reasons to be grateful is important and can bring contentment to ours. Just to remember what we do have, rather than what we don’t, can bring joy.
Here are five reason’s I am grateful at this moment:
1. I am grateful for my home and family. Without these, life would be empty indeed.
2. I am grateful for an understanding and loving husband.
3. I am grateful for the little beast who distracts me with all her kitten shenanigans, like playing with the necklace around my neck while I work.
4. I am grateful for good friends.
and, last but not least,
5. I am grateful for rainbows and the blessings they bring.
Being grateful is a habit to aspire to. One way to do this is to keep a gratitude journal.
As a challenge, each night before bed, write down 3-5 things you are grateful for. This is a hard habit for me to build but one I hope to.
What are you grateful for today?
All my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!