It’s the end of November, and I realize that I haven’t posted much. That has mostly been to NaNoWriMo.
But November is over, and it’s time to get back to a normal life. Well as normal as it can be for me which can be a challenge
I am still working on my novel, still writing every day. One of the issues with NaNoWriMo is that most novels aren’t 50,000 words. I think mine will be somewhere around 80,000. I still have about 20 thousand to go.
I spent most of the month trying to forget that the holidays were coming up fast. We’ve just celebrated Thanksgiving, which is forcing me to think about Christmas. I’ve done some, but now I have to focus on it. I like this season, but I tend to stress myself out. My goal for the next month is not to overwhelm myself.
Since November is coming to a close, I thought I would give you five of my favorite things about November even though this post won’t be on a Friday. I must say this was a difficult thing to do. November is one of those middle months that not much stands out, even so, here is my list:
- Pumpkin Pie – November has traditionally been the month for pumpkins. Pumpkin Pie is my favorite method for tasting pumpkin. Other favorites include pumpkin roll and pumpkin bread. For Thanksgiving, I made pies, and they turned out fabulous.
- Thanksgiving – As crazy as it sounds, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Though I am a vegetarian and don’t eat turkey, the traditional (for my family at least) sides are some of my favorite foods. For me, the best part of Thanksgiving is when we are all sitting around a table, my brothers adjusting for being lefties and passing all the food around. I don’t get to celebrate this way every year, and I look forward to it when I can.
- Cold, wet, rainy weather – Again, this may be a crazy favorite, but I love weekends where it is cold and wet, and I have nothing to do outside my house. Snuggling down with a book or movie in a cozy house is the best day ever.
- The Friday After Thanksgiving – I’ve been able to take this day off for the past several years. Black Friday shopping is one of my least favorite things so to have what is essentially a free day is fabulous. This year, unfortunately, I had a bad headache, but the fact that I didn’t need to go anywhere was the best.
- NaNoWriMo – It’s no secret that I am a fan of this particular event so it should be no surprise that this made my list. As this is the end of the month and I’ve “won” it is even more my favorite. It helps keep my writing focused.
Well, there you have it, some highlights about November. I am hoping that December will be a better month where I post on my regular schedule. It will also be a month of editing as I have several stories desperately in need of major revising.
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. December is arriving, and things will get crazy, but perhaps not too crazy.
That is my goal for December. What’s yours?
You must be logged in to post a comment.